Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits Worksheet
CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 12 Electricity and Circuits Worksheet with Answers is available here. Free PDF download for this worksheet is available on our official mobile app. You can practice this worksheet for better grade and testing the concept you have learned. The worksheet test paper for 6 Science Electricity and Circuits is very helpful for students who wish to get good marks in exams. We have also provided answers to the worksheet questions in this article.
Class 6 Science Electricity and Circuits Worksheets with Answers Chapter 12 – PDF
1. Fill in the blanks:
i. ______ do not allow current to pass through them.
ii. Air is an _______.
iii. Our body is a _______ conductor of electricity.
iv. The metal cap is the ________ terminal of the electric cell.
i. Impure water can also conduct electricity.
ii. An electric cell produces electricity from the chemicals stored inside it.
iii. The metal disc is the positive terminal.
iv. Brass is a conductor.
v. Insulators allow current to pass through them.
3. Which device is used to open or close an electric circuit?
Answer: Electric switch
4. Who invented the first electric bulb?
Answer: Thomas Alva Edison invented the first electric bulb.
5. Who invented the first electric cell?
Answer: Alessandro Volta invented the first electric cell.
6. Which is the +ve terminal of a cell?
Answer: The metal cap is the positive terminal of the electric cell.
7. Which is the –ve terminal of a cell?
Answer: The metal disc is the negative terminal of the electric cell.
8. Who invented dry cell?
Answer: French chemist Georges Leclanche invented dry cell.
9. Define an electric switch.
Answer: A switch is a simple device that either breaks the circuit or completes it.
10. Where does the torch get electricity from?
Answer: Electricity to the bulb in a torch is provided by the electric cell.
11. Where does electricity come from?
Answer: A power station provides us with electricity.
12. How does an electric cell produce electricity?
Answer: An electric cell converts chemical energy into electricity.
13. Name the type of circuit in which switch is in ‘OFF’ position.
Answer: Open circuit
14. Can distilled water conduct electricity?
Answer: No, distilled or pure water does not conduct electricity.
15. Name the type of circuit in which switch is in ‘ON’ position.
Answer: Closed circuit or complete circuit
16. Can tap water or rain water conduct electricity?
Answer: Yes, tap water or rain water can conduct electricity.
17. What is a thin wire fixed in the middle of the glass bulb called?
Answer: A thin wire fixed in the middle of the glass bulb is called a filament.
18. What is a filament in a light bulb?
Answer: The thin wire that gives off light is called the filament of the bulb.
19. Write two examples of conductor and insulators.
Answer: Conductor – Copper and Aluminium
Insulators – Plastic and Rubber
20. What is heating effect of current?
Answer: Heating caused due to conversion of electrical energy into heat energy is called heating effect of current.