Class 6 Science Chapter 15 Air Around Us Worksheet
CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 15 Air Around Us Worksheet with Answers is available here. Free PDF download for this worksheet is available on our official mobile app. You can practice this worksheet for better grade and testing the concept you have learned. The worksheet test paper for 6 Science Air Around Us is very helpful for students who wish to get good marks in exams. We have also provided answers to the worksheet questions in this article.
Class 6 Science Air Around Us Worksheets with Answers Chapter 15 – PDF
1. Fill in the blanks:
i. We cannot see air but we can ______ it.
ii. The blanket of air surrounding the earth is known as _______.
iii. ________ is essential for supporting life on the earth.
iv. Air occupies ________.
v. Winnowing is more effective in ________ air.
i. Air is found everywhere.
ii. Soil does not contain air.
iii. The moving air makes it possible for you to fly your kite.
iv. Carbon dioxide supports burning of a candle.
v. Birds, bats and insects can fly due to the presence of air.
3. Which is the major component of air?
4. What percentage of air is nitrogen?
5. Which gas is important for burning to occur?
6. What percentage of air is oxygen?
Answer: Under 21%
7. What is the name of the gas we breathe in?
8. What is the name of the gas we breathe out?
Answer: Carbon dioxide
9. Which device is used to harness wind energy to generate electricity?
Answer: Wind mill
10. What makes firki to rotate?
Answer: Moving air makes firki to rotate.
11. What is wind?
Answer: Air in motion is called wind.
12. What may even uproot trees and blow off the rooftops?
Answer: The high velocity winds or Storms.
13. What are those tiny shining particles in the beam of sunlight?
Answer: Those tiny shining particles are the dust particles present in the air.
14. What do you understand by atmosphere?
Answer: The envelope of air that surrounds the earth is known as atmosphere.
15. From where does oxygen come in the air?
Answer: Plant release oxygen in the air by the process of photosynthesis.
16. Which component of air used by green plants to make their food?
Answer: The component of air used by green plants to make their food is carbon dioxide.
17. Why air is called a mixture of gases?
Answer: Air is called mixture of gases because it is made up of many different gases.
18. Why pages of an open book begin fluttering when the fan is switched on?
Answer: Pages of an open book begin fluttering when the fan is switched on because of air.
19. What is air made up of?
Answer: Air is a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, water vapor and a few other gases. Some dust particles may also be present in it.
20. How do we feel the presence of air?
Answer: We cannot see the air around us but we can feel its presence when the leaves of the trees rustle or the clothes hanging on a clothes-line sway.