Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric Worksheet
CBSE Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric Worksheet with Answers is available here. Free PDF download for this worksheet is available on our official mobile app. You can practice this worksheet for better grade and testing the concept you have learned. The worksheet test paper for 6 Science Fibre to Fabric is very helpful for students who wish to get good marks in exams. We have also provided answers to the worksheet questions in this article.
Class 6 Science Fibre to Fabric Worksheets with Answers Chapter 3 – PDF
1. State True/False:
i. Raincoat is not made from fibre.
ii. Synthetic fibres are biodegradable.
iii. Nylon is a synthetic fibre.
iv. The threads or yarns are made from thin fluffy strands called fibres.
v. Synthetic fibres are obtained from animals.
vi. Synthetic fibres are costlier than natural fibres.
vii. Angora wool is obtained from a species of rabbit.
viii. Polyester is a natural fibre.
ix. Fabrics can be made from yarns by weaving or knitting.
x. Cotton clothes are less comfortable than polyester clothes.
xi. Wool and silk are animal fibres.
xii. All fabrics are obtained from plants.
2. Fill in the blanks:
i. The process of removing _______ from the cotton fibre is called ginning.
ii. The jute fibres are less _______ as compared to rayon fibres.
iii. The cotton plant bears large leaves and bears white or yellow _______.
iv. We should wear ______ fabrics while burning crackers.
v. Natural fibres do not damage the ecosystem as they are ______.
vi. A ______ is made of thousands of criss – crossing threads forming a network.
vii. ______ is warm to wear during winters and cool in summer.
viii. Silkworms are fed on _________ leaves.
ix. ______ is an expensive fabric.
x. Yarn is made from _________.
xi. _________ is the twisting together of drawn out strands of fibers to form yarn.
xii. Plant fibres are obtained from _______ and _______.
Answer: fruits, stems
3. From which part of the plant jute fibre is obtained?
Answer: Jute fibre is obtained from stem of the jute plants.
4. What is fabric?
Answer: A piece of cloth produced by weaving or knitting fibres is called fabric.
5. Write few items that are made from coconut fibre?
Answer: Ropes, basket, door mat, Mattress etc.
6. What is oil lamps wick made of?
Answer: Cotton wool
7. What are the fruits of cotton plants called?
Answer: Cotton bolls
8. How is spinning done on large scale?
Answer: Spinning is done on large scale with the help of spinning machines.
9. From which part of the plant cotton fibre is obtained?
Answer: Cotton fibre is obtained from fruit of the cotton plants.
10. Give some name of fabrics from your surroundings?
Answer: Blankets, bed sheets, table-cloth, towels, shawl and curtains etc.
11. From where do we get silk?
Answer: We get silk from the cocoons of silkworms.
12. Where jute is grown in India?
Answer: Jute is grown in West Bengal, Assam, Orissa and Bihar.
13. Which state is the largest producer of jute in India?
Answer: West Bengal.
14. Write the names of unstitched cloth worn by people in India?
Answer: Sari, dhoti, lungi and turban
15. What is sericulture?
Answer: Rearing of silkworms for production of silk is called sericulture.
16. Which synthetic fibre is known as artificial silk?
17. Which type of wool we get from a species of goat found in Kashmir?
18. Which type of climate is needed for the cultivation of cotton plants?
Answer: Hot and humid climate is needed for the cultivation of cotton plants.
19. Write any four fibres that are used to make clothes.
Answer: Cotton, silk, nylon, wool
20. Name two materials that are not fibres but are used to make clothes.
Answer: Leather and fur