An Alien Hand Class 7 Extra Questions & Answers
An Alien Hand Class 7 Extra Questions & Answers are available here. Class 7 English An Alien Hand extra questions and answers are prepared by our expert teachers. All these questions are divided into two or three sections. They are short type questions answers, long type question answers and extract based questions. Learning these questions will help you to score excellent marks in the exams.
An Alien Hand Extra Questions and Answers
Short Answer Type Questions
1. What was the forbidden route for Tilloo?
Answer: The forbidden route for Tilloo was an underground secret passage.
2. What was Tilloo’s father doing?
Answer: Tilloo’s father was relaxing at home when Tilloo managed to take away his security card.
3. What happened when Tilloo slip the magic card into a slot?
Answer: When Tilloo slipped the magic card into a slot, a well – lit passage opened up.
4. What were the things that Tilloo heard of?
Answer: Tilloo heard of the sun if it was a daytime or starts if it was night.
5. How was Tilloo caught intruding into the secret passage?
Answer: Tilloo was detected and photographed by invisible mechanical devices. He could not go farther then ten paces.
6. Who came to Tilloo’s rescue when he was scolded by his mother?
Answer: Tillo’s father came to rescue when his mother was scolding him.
7. Why was it difficult to survive on the surface?
Answer: Tilloo’s father told him that air on the surface was too thin to breathe and the temperature was so low that one would freeze to death. So it was difficult to survive on the surface.
8. What did Tilloo’s father tell him about his suit?
Answer: Tilloo’s father told him that he went in a special suit with a reservoir of oxygen.
9. What were the measures taken for his safety?
Answer: Tilloo’s father was trained to survive and work on the surface. He was given a special suit and boot.
10. What had upset the balance of nature on the planet?
Answer: The Sun turned hostile and upset the balance of nature.
11. How could ‘they’ manage to survive?
Answer: They could manage to survive because of their superior technology.
12. Why did he go to the surface of the planet?
Answer: He went to the surface for the maintenance of machine placed on the surface.
13. What had happened in the control Room the next day?
Answer: The next day, Control Room, was full of excitement as an alien spacecraft was seen in the big TV screen.
14. Why were the members of the Central Committee ‘unusually quiet’?
Answer: The members of the Central Committee knew that the President was going to make a momentous announcement.
15. What were the revelations made by the President?
Answer: The President revealed that ‘Two spacecrafts were reaching their planet’.
16. What was the opinion of Number two’?
Answer: ‘Number Two’ opinion that non – interference and passive observation should be maintained with the spacecrafts.
17. What did Tillo’s father tell about the alien spacecraft?
Answer: Tillo’s father informed him that they were allowed to observe the movements of the alien spaceship. They could take action if any mischief was noticed.
18. What was the ‘shrill whistle’?
Answer: Tilloo started at the coloured buttons of the control panel and accidently pressed the red button. Then a missile was released that destroyed the mechanical hand.
19. Who had sent the spacecraft to Mars?
Answer: NASA sent the spacecraft to Mars.
20. How does Tilloo manage to find his way to the ‘forbidden passage’?
Answer: When Tilloo’s father was enjoying a siesta at home, he managed to get hold of his security card and by evading his watchful mother’s eye, Tilloo made his way to the forbidden passage.
21. What did Tilloo hope to see once he emerged from his underground home?
Answer: Tilloo hoped to see the sun or the star after getting out of his underground home.
22. Was the spacecraft manned or unmanned? How do you know it?
Answer: The spacecraft was unmanned because number one reported to the president that they do not contain living beings, they only have instruments.
23. What do you think the mechanical hand was trying to do?
Answer: The mechanical hand was trying to dig out the soil from the surface of the planet for examination.
24. Tilloo pressed the red button and “the damage was done”. What was the damage?
Answer: By pressing the red button, Tilloo made the mechanical hand from the spacecraft cease to work.
25. Where had the spacecraft come from?
Answer: The spacecraft had come from Earth.
36. On which planet do Tilloo and his parents live?
Answer: Tilloo and his parents lived on Mars.
Long Answer Type Questions
1. Why did Tilloo’s father advise him not to try to reach the surface of the planet?
Answer: Tilloo’s father advised him not to reach the surface of the planet as an ordinary person could not survive there. The reason for this was that the air at the surface was too thin to breathe and the temperature was so low that one could freeze to death.
2. What changes had occurred. Which forced people to live in underground homes?
Answer: The sun which had provided the sustenance turned hostile. It changed only slightly but the change was sufficient to upset the balance of nature which force people to live in underground homes. Fish, birds and animals couldn’t bear it and became extinct.
3. Why was everyone in the control room greatly excited?
Answer: Everyone in the control room was greatly excited as they had spotted a dot in an otherwise clear background on the big TV screen. They thought it was a spacecraft but decided that it required watching.
4. What was recorded in the archives at the Central Bureau?
Answer: The archive at the Central Bureau had the records of well developed space programmes that had searched the solar system with manned and unmanned spacecraft establishing the facts that they were alone in the solar system.
5. ‘Do we need to save our natural resources’? Give your opinion.
Answer: Natural Resources are bountiful around us. We, however, are negligent in using judiciously. As the story suggests that once people of Mars, lived on the surface of the planet were forced to live in underground habitat. When the sun turned hostile and the nature was exploited beyond limits, life of birds, animals, fishes ended. Humans however, managed to survive in cramped structures. But they could live on. technical advancement. Therefore, one should live the life honoring each and every resource and altogether saving it for coming generations.
6. Do you think Tilloo should have listened and obeyed his elders. Give your opinion in support of your answer.
Answer: Tilloo entered the security passage posing a threat to ongoing research. The security staff brought him home. His father told him not to do that again because it was difficult to survive on the surface of Mars. Second nuisance was created when he pushed the red button. His existence would have been revealed. It also damaged mechanical hand which was repaired later. He should have obeyed his parent’s advice.
7. If you had to live in a home like Tilloo’s what parts of life would you find most difficult? What compensations might there be?
Answer: The part of life I found most difficult is the freedom and open space. It will be like living in a cell for away from open space, “there were no sightseeing. Social life and interactions with nature. The compensation can be peace, harmony safety and security. As all of us were living in the same under grounded buildings, the people must collaborated with each other nicely.
8. What, is anything, might drive mankind to make their homes underground?
Answer: If the sun grows cold, life on earth would be in danger of extinction, the temperature will go below freezing point. People will be forced to live underground with assured supply of oxygen, light and heat.
9. What did Number one and number two suggest should be done about the alien spacecraft?
Answer: The number one was in charge of defence. He suggested that they should wait till the craft landed on the surface. Then they could easily make it ineffective number Two also suggested they should wait and watch. It would be unwise to reveal their existence by attacking the spacecraft.