The Tiny Teacher Class 7 Extra Questions & Answers
The Tiny Teacher Class 7 Extra Questions & Answers are available here. Class 7 English The Tiny Teacher extra questions and answers are prepared by our expert teachers. All these questions are divided into two or three sections. They are short type questions answers, long type question answers and extract based questions. Learning these questions will help you to score excellent marks in the exams.
The Tiny Teacher Extra Questions and Answers
Very Short Answer Type Question
1. Which is the wisest insect?
Answer: Ant is the wisest insect.
2. How do ants communicate with other ants?
Answer: Ants use its feelers or antennae to talk to other ants.
3. Where do the ants live?
Answer: The ants live in comfortable homes called nests or anthills.
4. How do soldiers and workers live in anthills.
Answer: Soldiers and workers ants live cordially.
5. What is the life span of a queen?
Answer: The queen lives for about fifteen years.
6. How long does it take for a grub to become a complete ant?
Answer: It takes five to six weeks for a grub to become a complete ant.
7. Why do the worker ants carry the grubs about?
Answer: The grubs are carried about daily for airing, exercise and sunshine.
8. What jobs are new ants trained for?
Answer: The new ants are trained as workers, soldiers, builders, cleaners, etc.
9. What do you understand by the insect named ‘ant’?
Answer: The ‘ant’ is the commonest, the smallest but the wisest insect.
10. How ants instruct each other?
Answer: An ant uses its feelers or antennae to ‘talk’ to other ants by passing massage through them.
11. How many kinds of ants are there?
Answer: There are many kinds of ants. The commonest among them are the black or red ones.
12. Where do ant workers live?
Answer: Workers how their reserved quarters in their nests.
13. What did the ant workers do?
Answer: They spend most of their time searching for food.
14. What does the soldiers have?
Answer: Soldiers have separate barracks.
15. How is the life of ants?
Answer: An ants life is a very peaceful.
16. Who is the queen?
Answer: The queen is the mother of the entire population of the colony.
17. What does the queen have?
Answer: It has a pair of wings, but bites them off after its ‘wedding’ flight.
18. When does the ‘wedding; flight takes place?
Answer: This flight takes place on a hot summer day.
19. Who lays ants ‘eggs’?
Answer: The queen.
20. After hatching the eggs, what comes out?
Answer: Grubs come out.
21. Who guard the grubs?
22. Who feeds and clean the grubs?
23. What does the grub become after two or three weeks later?
Answer: Grubs become cocoons.
24. From whom the new ants learn their duties?
Answer: From old ants as workers, soldier, builders, cleaners, etc.
25. An anthill is a home not only for ants but also for whom?
Answer: For some other creatures like beetles, lessur breads of ants and the greenfly.
26. What does the greenfly considered as to the ants?
Answer: The greenfly is the ant’s cow.
27. The story of an ant’s life sounds like what?
Answer: The story of an ant’s life sounds mostly untrue.
Short Answer Type Questions
1. What type of insect the ant is?
Answer: The ant is the smallest, comments but the wisest of all insects. The ant is unbelievably intelligent and hardworking creature.
2. Where do the ants live?
Answer: They live in their comfortable ‘nests’ or ‘anthills’. Each has hundreds of little rooms and passages.
3. Why ant’s life is very peaceful?
Answer: An ant’s life is very peaceful because each does its share of work intelligently and bravely and never fights with other numbers of the group.
4. Describe how ants are born?
Answer: The queen lays eggs. Eggs are hatched and become grubs, grubs change into cocoons and cocoons break to bring forth complete ant’s.
5. What does the queen have?
Answer: The queen has a pair of wings, which she casts off before she begins to clay eggs.
6. What are the other works, the ant workers do?
Answer: Workers feed and clean the grubs, and also carry them about daily for airing, exercise and sunshine.
7. Name some other creatures that live in anthills?
Answer: Some other creatures that live in anthills are beetles, lesser breeds of ants and the greenfly.
8. What facts are revealed in the lesson?
Answer: A number of facts that are revealed that ants are a hard-working and intelligent creature.
9. How do workers take care of eggs before they hatch?
Answer: Workers feed and clean eggs. They also carry them almost daily for airing, exercise and sunshine.
10. What do you learn from these tiny teachers?
Answer: We learned that hard work, sense of duty and discipline. Cleanliness, care for the young ones, and above all, a firm loyalty to the land where they live.
Long Answer Type Questions
1. ‘Perhaps they have, but they have not put their learning to good use’. What qualities should be adopted from Ants?
Answer: The ants are one of the smallest creature yet they can add a lot to humanity. Human beings can learn hard work, dutifulness, discipline. By loving and taking care of the young ones and loyalty towards land can help individually and society at large.
2. What qualities of an ant do you wish to inculcate and why?
Answer: No wonder, ants are the tiniest insect around us yet it can teach us to Stead coordinated and systematic strategy for community living. Ants are social insects that live in a community of co-existence where every member plays its role in perfection without fuss. So, I will try to inculcate the behaviour of ants.
3. Mention three things we can learn from the ‘tiny teacher’. Give reasons for choosing these items.
Answer: We can learn team work from ants as they do their work by sharing and contributing without interference in other’s work. We can learn hard work as ants spend most of their time in doing their respective jobs without hesitation. We can learn discipline as ants live a disciplined life and always follow the rules of their group and are loyal towards it.
4. In what ways is an ant’s life peaceful?
Answer: The ants live in peace because each one does its share of work honestly, wisely and bravely. They don’t interfere in the work given to others. They never fight in their group.
5. Describe ant’s life briefly.
Answer: Ants in the smallest insect and also the wisest one. The story of an ants life sounds almost untrue but have watched their daily behaviour closely. This tiny insect is hardworking and intelligent creature. There are many kinds of ants, but the commonest among them are the black or the red one.
6. How ants interact with each other?
Answer: An ant’s uses its feelers or antennae to ‘talk’ to other ants by passing massage through them watch a row of ants of moving up or down the wall. Each and greets all the others coming from the opposite direction by teaching their feelers.
7. Where do the ants live?
Answer: They live in their comfortable homes called ‘nests’ and ‘anthills’. Each has hundreds of little rooms and passages. In some of these rooms the queen ant lays eggs. Others are nurseries for the young ones. Workers have their reserved quarters. Some rooms secure as storehouse for their food. And soldiers have separate barracks.
8. “An ant’s life is very peaceful” Explain.
Answer: Each does its share of work intelligently and bravely and never fights with other members of the group. No workers has ever tried to live in a soldier’s house, no soldiers has ever gone out searching for food. No workers or soldiers or cleaners has ever harmed a grubs. Thus, in this way, an anti life is very peaceful.
9. How the queen ants lays eggs?
Answer: The queen is the mother of the entire population of the colony. The queen leaves the nest and goes out to meet a male ant, or drone, high up in the air. On its return to earth, it gets rid of its wings and then does nothing but lay eggs.
10. How eggs are turned into ants?
Answer: Eggs are hatched and grubs come out soldiers guard them. Workers feed and clean them, and also carry them about daily for airing, exercise and sunshine. Two or three weeks later, grubs become cocoons and lie without food or activity for three weeks more. Then the cocoons break and perfect ants appear. New ants learn their duties from old ant’s as workers, soldiers, builders, cleaners, etc. After a few weeks training the small ants are ready to go out into the big world of work.
11 What are the several reasons the ants want these alien creatures to live in their nests?
Answer: The several reasons are: some give off smell pleasant to the ant’s senses; others give sweet juice; and some are just pets or playthings like cats and dogs to human beings. The generally in the ants cow. The ant train it to give honeydew with a touch of their antennae. They milk it just as we milk the cow.