A Gift of Chappals Class 7 Extra Questions and Answers
A Gift of Chappals Class 7 Extra Questions & Answers are available here. Class 7 English A Gift of Chappals extra questions and answers are prepared by our expert teachers. All these questions are divided into two or three sections. They are short type questions answers, long type question answers and extract based questions. Learning these questions will help you to score excellent marks in the exams.
A Gift of Chappals Extra Questions and Answers
Very Short Answer Type Question
1. Where does Mridu live?
Answer: Mridu lives in Madras.
2. What is the present name of Madras?
3. Who was Tapi?
Answer: Grandmother of Mridu.
4. What was the name of Mridu of Mridus grandmother?
5. Who was Thatha?
Answer: Grandfather of Mridu.
6. What was the name of the grandfather of Mridu?
7. Where did tapi take Mridu ro?
Answer: Tapi took to her aunts house.
8. What was the name of Mridus aunt?
Answer: Rukku Manni.
9. Who was Rakku Manni?
Answer: She was the aunt of Mridu.
10. Why did tapi take Mridu to her aunts house?
Answer: Tapi took Mridu to her aunts house to meet her cousins.
11. Who were the cousins of mridu?
Answer: Lalli, Rani and Meena.
12. Where did Rani drag Mridu to as she entred the house?
Answer: He dragged Mridu to the backyard.
13. Why did Rani take her their backyard?
Answer: Rani took her to their backyard to show a small kitten.
14. Where was the small kitten sitting?
Answer: Behind a thick bitter – berry bush.
15. Where was the small kitten sitting?
Answer: The small kitten was sitting inside a torn football lined with sacking and filled with sand.
16. What was the kitten doing?
Answer: The kitten was drinking milk.
17. From where did the kitten drinking milk?
Answer: He was drinking milk from a coconut half – shall.
18. Where did they find the kitten?
Answer: They found him outside their house that morning .
19. Why was the kitten kept as a secret?
Answer: Because if their grandmother learn about the kitten she will leave the house.
20. Who name given to the kitten?
21. Who named the kitten ‘Mahendran’?
Answer: Rani and Meena.
22. What is the full name of Mahendran?
Answer: Mahendravarma Palllava Poonai.
23. Mahendravarna Pallava pooonai is also called in shirt as?
Answer: M.P Poonai.
24. What kind of cat Mahendran was, according to ravi?
Answer: It is a fine breed of cat.
25. What did Ravi feel about the cat descendant of?
Answer: According to Rani, the cat was a descendant of the Mohobalipuram Rishi cat.
26. Where was the ‘Kreech’ sound coming from?
Answer: From the window.
27. What was the weird sound coming from the window?
Answer: The sound was like ‘Kreech’
28. Who was learning to play the violin?
29. Who lalli good in play the violen?
Answer: No, she was going completely of track.
30. Who was teaching Lalli to play the violen?
Answer: The music master.
31. ‘Ravi, send that beggar away!- who said this?
Answer: Rukka manni.
32. Where was the beggar sitting?
Answer: The beggar was setting under the neem tree.
33. Why did the beggar against the neem tree?
Answer: He leaned against the neem tree to take a short nap.
34. What happend to the beggar feet?
Answer: The beggars feet were blistered.
35. Why was the beggars feet blistered?
Answer: His feet was blistered because of his bare feet.
36. Why the beggar was on his bare foot?
Answer: Because he don’t have money to busy chapplas.
37. Why did not rani give his own chappals to the beggar?
Answer: Because they were too small to fit his feet.
38. What did Mridu remember while she entered Ravi’s house?
Answer: While she enterd, she had seen a pair of old gray chappals.
39. What did the children do with that pair of old grey Chappals?
Answer: They gave those chappals to the beggar.
40. What was the music master searching for?
Answer: He was searching for his own chappals.
41. Whose chappals were those that the children gave to the beggars?
Answer: The music – master.
42. Whose example was set by Ravi as a kind and generous?
Answer: Ravi set example of Karna who was very kind and generous.
43. Whose Chappals were given to the music master?
Answer: Gopu Mama.
45. Whom did the music master compare Ravi to?
Answer: He compared to Ravi with incarnation of Hanuman, i.e. monkey.
Short Answer Type Questions
1. Who visited Rukku Manni’s place?
Answer: Mridu is a young girl. Mridu went to Rukku Manni place alongwith her Tapi.
2. What was the surprise for Mridu?
Answer: Ravi took Mridu to the backyard to show her the newly foundation.
3. What was Kama famous for?
Answer: Kama from Mahabharat used to give away everything he had which even included his gold earnings.
4. Why was beggar wait outside Ravi’s garden?
Answer: The beggar was leaning against the trunk of the neem tree in Ravi’s garden for alms from ladies of the house.
5. What did Mridu see in front of Ravi’s house?
Answer: Mridu had seen the pair of chappals in front of Ravi’s house belonged to the music teacher.
6. How did the music teacher react to the act of Ravi?
Answer: The music teacher compared Ravi with the lord Hanuman and called him a Hanuman incarnate.
7. Has Lalli learnt playing guitar?
Answer: Lalli kept on going off tracks, It was like her train getting derailed again and again while the teacher’s was running smoothly on the track.
8. Who was Mridu and Where did she go one afternoon?
Answer: Mridu was a young and kind girl, grown up in Madras. She went to her aunt’s house i.e., Rukku Manni’s house one afternoon.
9. Where was the small kitten?
Answer: The small kitten was behind a thick bitter berry bush in the backyard of their house. The kitten was lying inside a torn football and drinking milk from a half shell of a coconut.
10. What was the name given by Ravi to the Kitten?
Answer: Ravi named him as Mahendran. Further he added that the full name was Mahendravarma Pallava Poonai and in short M P Poonai.
11. Where was the ‘Kreech’ sound coming from?
Answer: The weird ‘Kreech’ Sound was coming from the window. It was lalli learning to play a Violin. She was not doing good, but the music master was trying his best to train her.
12. Describe briefly the appearance of the music master.
Answer: The music master had a bold head with a fringe of oiled black hair falling around his ears and an old fashioned tuft. He wore gold chain around his neck and also a diamond ring on his had.
13. Why did the beggar come to their house?
Answer: Although the beggar had no place to rest., he made himself quite comfortable in the garden he had spread his piece of cloth under the neem tree and leaned against its trunk.
14. How did the children manage to give the beggar a chappals.
Answer: The children searched everywhere for a pair of chapplas. Later Mridu noticed the shabby looking, but stury old slippers in the verandah they gave it to the beggar and asked him to lease at once.
15. What the music master searching for and why?
Answer: An the music master came out of the house., he was searching for his chappals that was the left in the verandah. He scurried around and looked over the railing and everywhere but did not find them.
16. How was the problem with the chappals solved by Rukku Manni?
Answer: As Rukka Manni came to know that the children gifted those chappals to the beggar. She went inside and brought out Gopu Mama’s haddly worm new chappals and gave them to the music master.
17. How did Rani get milk for the small kitten?
Answer: When Rani get milk from the kitchen, his grandmother saw him with a glass of milk in his hand. He somehow manage and concocted by have a glass of milk of himself so, he had to drink half of the milk just not to understand the real purpose.
18. Character sketch of the music master
Answer: The music master was a bony figure and had a bold head with a fringe of oiled black hair failing around his cars. He wore a gold chain around his neck and had a diamond ring on his finger. The music master was sitting infront of Lalli and training her to play a violin. He wore a golden boarded dhoti and beating time on the floor with his toe.
19. Why was the beggar unable to walk?
Answer: The beggar let himself rest under the neem tree of Rukka Mannis house, because it was too hot walk on the road,. His feet were already blistered due to his bare feet. So he requested to sit until the heat of the sun down later, the children provided him a pair of chappals.
Long Answer Type Questions
1. The children move by seeing the pathetic state of the needy. What trait do they have should they be appreciated or scolded?
Answer: The love of animals especially for young and dependent ones is evident in the story as well. But they passion to look after them is often looked down upon by elders. Rather than allowing them to follow their heart, they are instructed to be at safe distance from them. In juxta position of what is preached and practiced, confuses the young and sensitive minds.
2. Children’s world is full of spontaneity and imagination. Elucidate.
Answer: Ravi hid the kitten to a safe place yet was excited to display it to Mridu, the like-minded one. He fed it with his own share of milk without letting Patti to know about it. When he donated slippers to beggar after seeing his blisters. He wanted to give his own. He christened the kitten after relating its ancestors to be from Mahabalipuram Rishi cat. Thus their world is full of imagination and spontaneity as they have creative minds.
3. What was Ravi’s argument for his charity of chappals to the beggar? ‘
Answer: Ravi was upset with the elders because he had always been told by them to be kind towards animals, but he had to hid milk for kitten. Rukku Manni had told about Karan who would give away everything he had to help others. Ravi had tried to help the beggar by giving away the music teacher’s chappals to him, but still Rukku Manni scolded him.
4. What was beggar’s expectation from the ladies of the household?
Answer: The beggar felt that the ladies of the household were very kind. They have enabled him survive for a week by giving him food to eat. He called them generous and found it hard to believe that they wanted to send him away.
5. Ravi was confident and opinated. Do you agree or not?
Answer: Ravi was an intelligent child. He had good observation skills and possessed sound knowledge of history. He was playful, but had a good sense of humour. He managed to get milk for the kitten in front of Paati’s eyes. He also applied his intelligence and gave music teacher’s chappals to the beggar. He was kind and generous and remembered the story of Karan which Rukku Manni had told him.
6. How was the name of the cat different?
Answer: Ravi had named the kitten Mahendraverma Pallava Poonai in short. They were calling him Mahendran. Mridu liked the name because it sounded real to her and was different from the usual cute names kept for cats in general.
7. What was the source of information about legacy of cat?
Answer: Ravi felt that his cat was a descendant of the Rishi cat of Mahabalipuram. He claimed that during his class trip to Mahabalipuram, he had seen statue of a cat there which he believed was an ancestor of this cat. He felt that the lion in the emblem of the Pallava king was a close relative of his cat.
8. Character sketch of Rani
Answer: Rani is a young and intelligent boy. He is a very kind heartecl and generous as a person Rani and his siblings kept a secret by abandoning a small kitten behind a thick bitter berry bush in the backyard of their house. He secretly gets milk from the kitten for the small kitten. His imaginary skills are immensely high, like how he creates the story of the cals family and his relatives Ravi gifted the chapplas of the music master of the old beggar. Thus his character expresses his love for animals and kind hearted humanity.
9. Why was Rukkau Manni angry with the children?
Answer: Rukka Manni was very angry with the children as she had learnt about the chappals given to the old beggar that belonged to Lillis music teacher. She was very much embarrassed infront of the music master and decided to provide him Gopu Mama’s new and hardly worn a pair of chappal’s. Rukku Mani wanted him to leave the house at once and after learning she wandered what was she going to tell Gopu mama that wening about his new slippers.