Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 Environment Extra Questions and Answers
Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 Environment extra questions and answers available here. Solving class 7 extra questions help students to revise the Chapter most competently. We prepared these questions as per the latest NCERT book and CBSE syllabus. Practicing these extra questions before the exam will ensure excellent marks in the exam.
Environment Class 7 Geography Extra Questions and Answers
Very Short Extra Questions and Answers
1. ______ consist of living organism e.g. plants and animals.
2. ______ consist of non living elements e.g. land etc.
3. On ______ every year world environment day is celebrated.
Answer: 5th June
4. ______ It is a narrow zone of the earth where land, water and air interact with each other to support life.
5. The domain of water is referred to as ______.
6. Trade in which goods are exchanged without the use of money termed as ______.
Answer: Barter System
7. Give example Artificial ecosystem?
8. Which revolution made communication easier and speedy across the world?
Answer: Information revolution
9. Name the three major components of our environment which combinedly termed as biosphere?
Answer: Lithosphere, atmosphere, Hydrosphere
10. Name the four spheres of the earth?
Answer: Lithosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere
11. What is atmosphere?
Answer: The atmosphere is the thin layer of air that surrounds the earth.
12. Write the significance of atmosphere.
Answer: It protects us from the harmful rays and scorching heat of the sun.
13. What do you mean by barter system?
Answer: It is a trade in which goods are exchanged without the use of money.
14. What is hydrosphere?
Answer: The domain of water is referred to as hydrosphere.
Short Extra Questions and Answers
1. What hydrosphere comprises of?
Answer: It comprises various sources of water and different types of water bodies like rivers, lakes, seas, oceans, etc.
2. Which are the two major components of biotic environment?
Answer: Plants and animals are the two major components of biotic environment.
3. Name the basic component of natural environment?
Answer: Air, water, land and living beings are the basic component of natural environment.
4. Why is hydrosphere important?
Answer: The hydrosphere is important because it comprises water, which sustains a variety of life forms.
5. Give four examples of human made environment.
Answer: Examples of human made environment are parks, buildings, bridges, roads, industries, monuments etc.
6. How is environment important to us?
Answer: Environment is important to us because it provides the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and the land where we live.
7. What do you mean by natural environment?
Answer: Natural environment comprises of land, water, air, plants and animals. Thus, natural environment refers to both biotic and abiotic conditions existing on the earth.
8. Why is lithosphere important?
Answer: Lithosphere is important because it provides us forests, grasslands for grazing, land for agriculture and human settlements. It is also a source of mineral wealth.
9. What is environment?
Answer: The place, people, things and nature that surround any living organism is called environment. It is a combination of natural and human made phenomena.
10. Why is our environment changing?
Answer: Our environment is changing because our needs are increasing day by day and in order to fulfill these needs we are modifying and at times even destroying our natural surroundings.
Long Extra Questions and Answers
1. What is biosphere?
Answer: Biosphere is a narrow zone of the earth where land, water and air interact with each other to support life. Thus, plant and animal kingdom together make biosphere or the living world.
2. What is an ecosystem?
Answer: It is a system formed by the interaction of all living organisms with each other and with the physical and chemical factors of the environment in which they live, all linked by transfer of energy and material.
3. Plants and animals depend on each other. Give reason.
Answer: Plants provide shelter for animals and they provide oxygen for the animals to live. When animals die they decompose and become natural fertilizer for plants. Animals also help in pollination and seed dispersal.
4. What is lithosphere?
Answer: Lithosphere is the solid crust or the hard top layer of the earth. It is made up of rocks and minerals and covered by a thin layer of soil. It is an irregular surface with various landforms such as mountains, plateaus, plains, valleys, etc.
5. Why man modifies his environment?
Answer: Man modifies his environment according to their need. With time needs grew and became more varied. Humans learn new ways to use and change environment. They learn to grow crops, domesticate animals and lead a settled life.
6. Differentiate between biotic and abiotic environment.
Answer: Difference between biotic and abiotic environment
|Biotic Environment||Abiotic Environment|
|1. The world of living organisms.||1. The world of non-living elements.|
|2. Example: plants and animals||2. Example: land|
7. Which are the major components of the environment?
Answer: The major components of the environment include:
Natural environment – It comprises of land, water, air, plants and animals.
Human environment – It includes individual, family, community, religion, educational, economic and political situation.
Human made environment – It includes parks, buildings, bridges, roads, industries, monuments etc.